Friday, January 8, 2010

[see I was born and raised in Texas // and it means so much to me]

It's been eleven years since I lived in Texas, but for some things time doesn't matter. Even though I know nothing about football* I am deeply invested in the 'Bama Longhorns game currently playing, as are my staunchly pro-Texas siblings. The only holdout is our father, who is supporting 'Bama just to be contrary. We kept interrupting dinner to point at him and shout, "Hook 'em! HOOK 'EM!" He would respond with something about slaughtering cattle. I finally told him, "That's right (you're not from Texas)."

No one got the reference, so I guess I'm the only Lyle Lovett fan in the family.

*True conversation I just had with my sister.
Baby sister: We have three sacks!
Me: I would be more impressed if I knew what a sack was.
Baby sister: I'm pretty sure it's a good thing.
Me: I'm pretty sure it's a type of bag. I think maybe you carry groceries in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment