Thursday, July 1, 2010

Futher Adventures in Eastern Medicine

I really wasn't going to post about being sick anymore, and then I woke up on Tuesday morning and couldn't hear out of my right ear. WHAT THE HELL?! Okay, so I can hear out my right ear a little bit, but it's significantly worse than my left ear. There's this horrible pressure in my right ear, which is undoubtedly causing the hearing problems and also the dizzy spells, and the whole thing is FREAKING ME OUT. Sick I can deal with, but I haven't had ear problems since I was tiny and turns out, they really distress me.

I went to an ENT doctor yesterday and the verdict was dunno what this is, but here, have some more pills. The doctor ran a bunch of tests, including one where I wore blind goggles and was shaken about like I was in a centrifuge, and something involving the compressed air pistol the dentist uses when cleaning your teeth and a six inch long metal stick being stuck so far up my nose, I could feel it in the back of my throat. The only thing I could think the entire time was during mummification, the Egyptians removed the brain via the nose. ONE WRONG MOVE AND HE'S GOING TO POKE ME IN THE BRAIN!

So, my week in review: still sick, partially deaf and cranky as hell. Fun times! I full expect to develop a vestigial tail by next week. And trust me, if I do, I will definitely complain about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment