Friday, April 3, 2009

[as I was walking through a life one morning]

As I was walking home from the bus stop this afternoon, I got a call from Tina. "Stop walking," she told me. After a brief pause she added, "I hope you didn't stop walking in the middle of the street." I assured her I was safety on the sidewalk and she asked if I had any plans for the evening. Nope, I told her. "Well," she said as she walked up behind me, "do you want to get dinner with me and my co-teacher." We went to the pasta place near the train station (nom nom nom pumpkin cream pasta) and then to Baskin-Robbins, where we sat on the garish orange couches, talked and had desert.

When I first moved here, my social life revolved around Seoul. Through Stitch'n'Bitch, I made friend, but they mostly lived in Seoul. I also met people through the training conference, but they lived throughout Gyeonggi-do and when we meet up, we do it in Seoul. And that's okay. I love Seoul and my Seoul people are great, but sometimes a girl doesn't want to spend two hours on the subway to see her friends. Sometimes I want to go out to dinner after work, something spontaneous and uncomplicated. The past few weeks I've been spending more time in Ansan, meeting more of the Ansan expat community and exploring more of the city, and it's been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment