Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cherry Blossoms @ Children's Grand Park

Cherry Blossoms @ Children's Grand Park

After a long cold winter, it's finally SPRING! And in Asia, spring means cherry blossoms. Siobhain and I went to Children's Grand Park on Saturday to obsessively photograph see the cherry blossoms, people watch and knit in the sunshine. The park was packed with families and couples and children carrying giant dolphin balloons. And of course, carnival food (or the Korean equivalent). There were a few western staples such as cotton candy, but it was mostly dried squid and beondegi (steamed or boiled silkworm pupae and, no seriously, they are the nastiest thing I've ever eaten. I've only tried it once, will never try it again and the smell of it still makes my stomach queasy). I might not be in Japan, but I'm still surrounded by cherry blossoms.

Cherry Blossoms @ Children's Grand Park

Cherry Blossoms @ Children's Grand Park

Cherry Blossoms @ Children's Grand Park

Cherry Blossoms @ Children's Grand Park

Cherry Blossoms @ Children's Grand Park

Cherry Blossoms Festival @ Children's Grand Park

The full set of photos is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment