Sunday, April 5, 2009

Urban Garden

Urban Garden

The balcony of my building is lined with planters, and my neighbors have started planting things. The edge of the balcony of lined with brilliant yellow flowers. Whenever I glace out my window, I catch a glimpse of the bright yellow buds between the blinds.

Urban Garden

If you get closer, you can see the bright green buds waiting to open. It's still cold (currently 10°, but it's windy and at night it still drops to close to 0°), but spring is finally coming.

Urban Garden

There is also a row of planters right in front of the apartments. (It's quite a large balcony. One row of planters is next to the edge, the other is about two feet away from the front of my apartment.) My neighbor is taking advantage of it and growing some form of plant life. It's almost enough to make me wish I knew where I buy seeds or seedlings. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment