Monday, June 22, 2009

Seoul Racecourse

6.21.2009 - Seoul Racecourse

I went to the Seoul Racecourse with Tony, Christine and Charles this Sunday. They've been a couple of times and I've passed the Seoul Racecourse Station hundreds of times, but this was my first trip. The racecourse is nice; it's in the middle of Gwacheon but the mountain across from the track is undeveloped, giving the racecourse a secluded feel.

6.21.2009 - Seoul Racecourse

I'd never been to a horse race before, much less bet on one, so this was a new experience. I'm very bad at betting, probably because I ignored the stats and went with the horse with the best name. There was a giant screen at the track that provided up the minute stats for the race, but I ignored it and put all my money (all eighty cents [1,000 won] of it) on Free Hugs and Angus Empire. I lost all the races I bet on, but I only bet a few dollars in the first place.

6.21.2009 - Seoul Racecourse

We stayed for seven races and watched a few of the Busan races that were being shown on the TV screens at the track. We watched from the Foreigner Only lounge, which I was fine with because it had air conditioning and it was scorching outside. I spent a few races down at the tracks, just so I could take pictures, and the racecourse was packed. It was a fun day, although not something I would necessarily choose to do again.

6.21.2009 - Seoul Racecourse

The full set of pictures are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment