Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Mundane Side of NaBloPoMo

Four days into NaBloPoMo, and I still haven't talked about anything that has happened in November, which I feel isn't being true to the spirit of the month. The problem is, I haven't *done* anything so far this month. I wake up (usually a few minutes past the okay-you-have-to-get-out-of-bed-NOW point; I've been really tired this week), taught class (or not, since the 6th grades are on a week long retreat and I don't have class on Wednesday or Friday) and then gone home. No plans after work and my students have declined to say anything cute that could be turned into blog fodder. THANKS A LOT, KIDS.

The most exciting part of today was playing hangman with the 4th graders who clean my classroom during lunch. They love hangman, but they're terrible at it. They have no concept of what letter are popular or what letter combination don't exist in English or that x is a fake letter and will never ever be used in a word, no seriously kids, for the love of God, stop always guessing x, it will never be x. We played a few rounds using the vocabulary from class today, and then they took over using the words printed around the classroom. Cute? Yes. Exciting? Not so much.

The dark, mundane side of NaBloPoMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment