- Reply to this post and I'll assign you a letter.
- List (and upload) 5 songs you love that begin with that letter.
- Post them to your journal with these instructions.
- - Shake the Sheets - Ted Leo & the Pharmacists (from Shake the Sheets) - I strongly associate this album with the six months I lived in Rocky Mount. I had a forty minute commute to work and I could listen to the whole album on the drive. I especially like the references to I-95, the interstate I used to get to work.
- - Shine - Carbon Leaf (from Echo Echo) - Carbon Leaf is a Virginia based rock band with Celtic and Bluegrass influences and I love the way they blend the different sounds together. I love the range of instruments they use in their music and I love the lead singer Barry Privett's voice.
- - Sing Me Spanish Techno - The New Pornographers (from Twin Cinema) - I love almost everything The New Pornographers have made and I can't help but notice that a song that contains the lyrics "listening too long to one song" is one of my most listened to songs.
- - Squalor Victoria - The National (from The Boxer) - The drums in the intro to this song are mesmerizing. This is another song I associate with a long commute, and drumming along on my steering wheel and hoping that I don't accidentally hit the horn.
- - 쏘리 쏘리 (Sorry, Sorry) - Super Junior (슈주) (from Sorry, Sorry) - This is the song that made me go from "lol, Kpop is hilarious" to "I can't stop listening to this song IT'S SO ADDICTIVE!" SuJu, you are the reason I am a Kpop fan! *shakes fist* SuJu, you are also the reason I can not convince my students that 'sorry' doesn't begin with an 'sh' sound. However, you are also the reason why, whenever reprimanded, my students rub their hands together in supplication, à la the music video, and say, "Teacher, shorry, shorry," and that's funny enough that I forgive you for everything. (SuJu, I love you, never stop making manufactured pop music!)